Date: 24 - 30 June
Price: 590 €uros per person
- Saturday, 24 June.
- Sunday, 25 June: Stage 1: Sevilla - Zafra. 138 km.
o Break in Santa Olalla del Cala
o Lunch in Fuente de Cantos
- Monday, 26 June: Stage 2: Zafra - Casar de Cáceres. 141 km.
o Break in Mérida
o Lunch at a restaurant en route
- Tuesday, 27 June: Stage 3: Casar de Cáceres - Béjar.130 km.
o Break in Plasencia
o Lunch at a restaurant en route
- Wednesday, 28 June: Stage 4: Béjar – Zamora. 147 km.
o Break in Salamanca
o Lunch in Peñausende
- Thursday, 29 June: Stage 5: Zamora - León. 168 km
o Break in Benavente
o Lunch in La Bañeza
- Friday, 30 June: Stage 6: León - Gijón. 153 km.
o Break in Puerto Pajares and Pola de Lena
o Lunch in Mieres
o Arrival to Gijón and end of the activity
The price includes:
- Parking for the vehicles of the participants during the week of the event at Las Mestas Sports Complex facilities, in Gijón (Asturias).
- Coach travel, both from Gijón to Sevilla and during the route of the stages. The luggage of the participants will be transferred on the bus.
- Support vehicle for cyclists and drink stations.
- Mechanical assistance
- Cultural visits programmed by the organization for the participants and accompanying people.
- Six nights half board accommodation
- Meals en route
- Participant gift
- Vía de la Plata Route Passport / Silver Route Passport.
Cycle touring route in grupeta type (group riding two abreast). Regulations
Buenavista Cycling Group, a club with more than 25 years of experience in the organization and participation of cycle touring events, organizes the cycle tour called "Ruta Vía de La Plata / Silver Route in grupeta type ( group riding two abreast ) " with FECT technical advice under the following premises:
To do cycle tourism in groups, developing values of friendship, companionship, coexistence, knowledge and love for nature and culture (landscape and local people).
The group image of what we call grupeta here ( group riding two abreast type ) is very important for the renown of future enthusiasts, as it already happens on European roads, therefore the participants take the responsibility of representing these values.
What really matters is the group so it must be structured at all times and the instructions given by those responsible for the march must be observed.
It is a regulated march. Groups ride in a two-abreast column, keeping as close to the right as possible to facilitate the circulation of other vehicles. In special cases, those responsible will organize the march, adapting it to the circumstances.
The group is considered a single vehicle this is why it is important not to leave spaces in order to avoid problems at traffic lights or roundabouts.
The group rides in pairs that lead the section assigned to them by the responsible person.
The peloton will be of about 48 units because of both the adaptation to the rules of DGT (Directorate-General of Traffic) and to the activity operability.
The group will be autonomous and it will adapt at all times to the traffic rules of the road it is riding along.
The success of the march is achieved when all the participants arrive together respecting the established schedule.
Activity time is considered from the start of the first stage until the last stage ends. The periods when cyclists are not riding on the bike, are also considered part of the march and we must adapt to the instructions of those responsible.
The stage is divided into several sections, among which there are 20 minute stops and one of an hour and a half for lunch in a restaurant. It is necessary to strictly comply with the schedule.
At the stops there could be fellowship events with societies or authorities in which the participants must keep the proper attitude in line with the twinning message we bring and want to convey.
There will be periods of time outside the group activities which participants will be free to use. The responsible person will determine and make them public in the joint events.
There will be no competitive free section and no classification will be made. Anyone who successfully completes the march will receive the official Vía de la Plata Route Passport properly stamped.